BSBPMG634 Manage project human resources assessment
- Subject Code :
- Country :
- Identify and define 3 key HR management methods techniques and tools:
- Discuss the following:
- How would you develop the project team? Describe some techniques or tools that you would use (minimum 3)
- Explain when you would use them and why?
- Imagine that you are discussing a poor performance report with a team member. How would you explain to him/her how you measured their individual performance against agreed criteria?
- Building on the previous question, discuss how you would manage and improve the team member’s work performance. Explain what techniques you would use and why.
This assessment is a portfolio of evidence designed to assesses your ability to facilitate stakeholder engagement. You are required to:
- Develop a project HR plan
- Design a project HR execution and evaluation
- Address a case study
To develop your assessment, you can work on either of the following scenarios:
- Scenario 1:Choose an organisation and industry that you are familiar with. For example, a company you have worked for or are working for now.
- Scenario 2: Choose the case study provided by your trainer.
This assessment comprises of the following sections:
Section 1: Project HR Plan
Task 1: HR Management Approach
Task 2: Roles and Responsibility
Task 3: Project KPI
Task 4: Project RACI chart
Task 5: HR Management
Section 2: Project HR Execution and Evaluation
Making appropriate reference to your project HR plan, address each section covering all points.
Discuss what you would do if the following happened at execution phase:
- Consider point 2 and 3 of your HR plan.
When monitoring your project progress, you identify that 2 of your team members are not performing well because they lack some competency required by their role.
Refer to your project plan and discuss the following (ALL points MUST be discussed):
- Indicate the two team members (and their roles in the project) that you have chosen to discuss:
- Indicate what competency they are lacking:
- Discuss how you would approach and address the situation based on your HR plan.
- During a project meeting, it is clear to you that two of your team members have conflicting views and you sense the presence of a covert conflict between the two.
Discuss how you would effectively manage this situation so that it does not negatively impact on the progress of the project.
- Although your company client had initially agreed to provide your project team with an additional staff member, you are informed by your project sponsor that you can no longer use that resource.
You are half way through your project. Discuss the following:
- The impact of this situation on the progress of your project:
- How you would manage the situation considering that you cannot afford to hire a new project team member due to budget constraints.
Consider your project, your project HR planning document and reflect on the issues addressed in the previous questions (assume that the scenarios in question 1, 2 and 3 happened during the execution phase of your project).
- Address the following (ALL points MUST be discussed):
- How would you disband the team at the end of the project?
- Consider that you have now completed your project and you are preparing your project review report.
Write an evaluation report on the HR plan (to include lesson learned and recommendations for future projects) addressed to your client. (Minimum 100 words)