Business Ethics Report and Presentation Assessment
Order Code: TV414
Question Task Id: 0
Part 1- Group Written Report (20%) You and your team are to select one of the following ethical dilemmas and address the questions below
- The FIFA Scandal
- 7-Eleven: The Price of Convenience
- Volkswagen Emission scandal
- Or another ethical dilemma (approved by the lecturer)
The team should undertake extensive research from academic journals, books, industry sources and the media and write a report which addresses the following issues and questions: ? What was the nature of the dilemma? Provide background information to the factors that lead to the dilemma if necessary and explain how the dilemma unfolded;
- Does this dilemma breach regulations/law?
- Who are the key affected stakeholders?
- Were the actions of the main actors unethical? Analyse the case using three ethical theories examined this semester. From your analysis, discuss whether the organisations in question behaved unethically in this case.
- How was the dilemma resolved? Do you think the dilemma was resolved effectively? Consider the implications of this dilemma on ethical standards in Australia.
Structure of the report:
• Table of contents
•List of illustrations, List of tables (if applicable)
•Executive summary (include assumptions)
•Main body - Include appropriate headings/sub-headings for different sections
•Appendices (if applicable)
Note that the title page, table of contents, list of illustrations/tables, references, and appendices are not included in the 3000 word count. References: Students should use at least 10 references including academic journals, books, industry sources and newspaper articles (media sources)
Part 2- Group Lead Presentation (10%) Each group is to lead a discussion in class. Group should cover the main two points below: 1. What was the issue? 2. Were the actions of the organisation in this case unethical? Each group is to present for 10 minutes. All group members must participate in the presentation. The presentation could be in any format (discussion, debate, PowerPoint etc) and be engaging with the audience. La Trobe University 10 Assessment Task: Three Due Date % SILOS Assessed 2 online quizzes (10 x multiple choice, T/F questions per quiz) Quiz 1: Due March 13th at 9am 10% 3 Quiz 2: TBC- please check LMS