CHCEDS033 Meet legal and ethical obligations in an education support environment Assessment
- Subject Code :
- Country :
The following questions relate to the knowledge requirements of the unit.
Question 1. Refer to the Department of Education WA (DoE) Job Description Forms (JDF) for Education Assistants (on Blackboard) and answer the following questions:
- Outline nine key roles and responsibilities of an Education Assistant at Level 1.
- Name the two JDF levels where you are required to assist in the implementation of specialised education programs such as occupational therapy, speech and physiotherapy programs.
- Name the level where you are required to design and implement behaviour management plans in consultation with teachers, parents and other specialist staff.
Question 2. Completing the table below, outline the purpose of each Act in your own words, list the policies and procedures related to each piece of legislation in WA schools, and discuss how these need to be applied education assistants.
Question 3. For each of the following breaches of legislation/policy, explain the risk to students for each breach:
Question 4. Access the Education Assistants (Government) General Agreement 2023 and answer the following:
- What are the ordinary hours of work per week for a full time education assistant?
- On the initial day of appointment how many days cumulative and non-cumulative personal leave is allocated to the full time Education Assistant?
- Provide details of the Education Assistant’s tea break allocation.
- In your role as an EA, name two documents that guide ethical issues and two documents that guide legal issues.
- How are they similar?How are they different?
- Referring to “Our Standards” in the Department of Education’s Code of Conduct, identify two standards where legal and ethical issues are both applicable. Give an example of an ethical dilemma and a legal dilemma you many encounter as an EA.
Question 6. Using the examples you gave in question 5, list three ways you would appropriately respond to the dilemmas you encountered.
- Explain what is meant by the term ‘conflict of interest’
- Explain the differences between real and perceived conflicts of interest.
- From the list below highlight the two examples that would fall under the category of conflict of interest and explain how you would respond as an EA in a school to that issue.
- You need to find someone to cover a sick day and you offer it to your sister instead of putting it on SCHROLE
- You feel unwell and have swapped duty days with another EA
- Your teacher has asked you to source art supplies for the topic ‘Seasons’ and you use the family store instead of researching cheaper alternatives.
- You take study leave during the middle of the term on one of your work days.
Question 8. Explain 3 ways you can constructively contribute to workplace improvements
Get your CHCEDS033 Meet legal and ethical obligations in an education support environment assignment solved by our Education Studies Experts from Exam Question Bank . Our Assignment Writing Experts are efficient to provide a fresh solution to all question. We are serving more than 10000+ Students in Australia, UK & US by helping them to score HD in their academics. Our Experts are well trained to follow all marking rubrics & referencing Style. Be it a used or new solution, the quality of the work submitted by our assignment experts remains unhampered.
You may continue to expect the same or even better quality with the used and new assignment solution files respectively. There’s one thing to be noticed that you could choose one between the two and acquire an HD either way. You could choose a new assignment solution file to get yourself an exclusive, plagiarism (with free Turn tin file), expert quality assignment or order an old solution file that was considered worthy of the highest distinction.