Draft a report on "identify strategic issues on behalf of a health organisation"
- Country :
Assessment objective: To appraise strategic issues for a health organisation, using analytic tools and approaches.
Your role: You have been asked to identify strategic issues on behalf of a health organisation. The organisation you select must have a publicly available strategic plan or organisational strategy.
The audience for your report: The senior executives, CEO, or board of the organisation. N.B. this is the audience you should write the report for, it is not required that you share your assessment with the organisation.
Format and length
- A structured report analysing a real-world health organisation that includes two diagrams (a SWOT diagram and a force field diagram).
- You must follow the five mandatory sub-headings and section word limits outlined in the task description below.
- Up to 900 words in length excluding the reference list. In-text citations are included in your word count, but your reference list is not.
- Include a maximum of ten references, including a reference to the organisation’s strategic plan or organisational strategy. Vancouver or APA referencing style must be used consistently throughout.
You have been asked to identify strategic issues for a health organisation in a brief report. Your report will focus on a situational analysis?of a real-world health organisation, as well as identifying forces driving and forces resisting change. The report must include:
- a SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats) diagram, which is a tool for identifying the positive and negative, internal and external factors that affect an organisation
- a forcefield diagram, which describes the factors that are supporting change and the factors that are resisting change.
Both these strategic management tools will be discussed during the course. The organisation you select to analyse must have a publicly available strategic plan or organisational strategy.
Your report must use these sub-headings and section word limits:
- Description of the organisation (150 words)
- SWOT diagram (300 words)
- Force field diagram (300 words)
- Implications (150 words)
- References (not included in word count, maximum 10), which must include a reference to the organisation’s strategic plan or organisational strategy.
The assessment criteria are set out in the marking rubric associated with this assessment on the Moodle site.
UNSW guidelines on the use of generative artificial intelligence in assessment
As this assessment task involves some planning or creative processes, you are permitted to use software to generate initial ideas. However, you must develop or edit those ideas to such a significant extent that what is submitted is your own work, i.e. only occasional AI generated words or phrases may form part of your final submission. It is a good idea to keep copies of the initial prompts to show your lecturer if there is any uncertainty about the originality of your work.
?If the outputs of generative AI such as ChatGPT form a part of your submission, it will be regarded as serious academic misconduct and subject to the standard penalties, which may include 00FL, suspension and exclusion.