DSAA204 Data Structure and Algorithms Assessment
- Subject Code :
- University :
KENT Institute Australia Exam Question Bank is not sponsored or endorsed by this college or university.
- Country :
You are required to design an Inventory management system for a small business of clothing. Assume that there are:
- three offices – Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- 300 domestic products
- 500 imported products
- These products come with different shape, size and colour.
This business is a small business where the system should perform the day-to-day office activities. For this small business what would be the range of activities that will be implemented here.
Then specify the range of operations which will be needed for this Inventory management system. For each of these operations, discuss the most suitable sorting or searching method and why your chosen algorithm for each operation is the most appropriate.
Now, your work has been recognised and Amazon Australia wants to use your Inventory management System. It has huge range of products, customers associated with the business.
- multiple store locations
- 3000000 clothing products
- 2000000 household products
- 50000 food products
- 20000 electronic products
- 4000 jewellery products.
What changes, if any, would you make to your system for Amazon Australia to be able to use it effectively and efficiently?
TASKS TO BE COMPLETED
Given the above information:
- Decide the appropriate variables, keys and ranges to be used in the system. Justify.
- The operations that Inventory management system should support.
- Algorithms for the operations that your system should support. Also, justify the choice of algorithms.
- Changes for the Amazon Australia, if any, to be made in the original system. Justify.