Citizenship and Communication Essay
Order Code: Tv260
Question Task Id: 0
- Country :
Select one of the speeches from the list provided, and analyse what it can tell us about civic participation in Australia.
Your essay should cover the following:
- A brief profile of the speaker
- A brief explanation of the context of the speech: why was it made? Was it in response to a public debate?
- Identify the social group that is the focus of the speech, and provide some background information about this group, especially examining the factors shaping their civic participation
- How was the speech received? What impact has it had? Do you think it will change opportunities for civic participation in Australia? Why/why not?
Please cover these points while following an essay format, i.e. include an introduction, body and conclusion, and present arguments supported by evidence and scholarly sources.
You must include a minimum of five scholarly sources (i.e. academic journal articles and scholarly books). These may include the weekly readings, but you should also find others relevant to your chosen speech.
Choose from the following:
- Pauline Hanson, speech to Parliament: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-09- 15/pauline-hanson-maiden-speech-2016/7847136
- Linda Burney, speech to Parliament: http://www.aph.gov.au/Senators_and_Members/Members/FirstSpeeches/Linda _Burney
- Ian MacFarlane: I’ve changed my mind — we picked the wrong day (pdf attached)
- Ruby Hamad: International Women’s Day speech (pdf attached)
- Sally McManus, National Press Club speech: http://www.actu.org.au/actu media/speeches-and-opinion/speech-by-actu-secretary-sally-mcmanus-at-the national-press-club
Get your Citizenship and Communication assignment solved by our Citizenship and Communication Experts from Exam Question Bank . Our Assignment Writing Experts are efficient to provide a fresh solution toall question. We are serving more than 10000+ Students in Australia, UK & US by helping them to score HD in their academics. Our Experts are well trained to follow all marking rubrics & referencing Style. Be it a used or new solution, the quality of the work submitted by our assignment experts remains unhampered.
You may continue to expect the same or even better quality with the used and new assignment solution files respectively. There’s one thing to be noticed that you could choose one between the two and acquire an HD either way. You could choose a new assignment solution file to get yourself an exclusive, plagiarism (with free Turn tin file), expert quality assignment or order an old solution file that was considered worthy of the highest distinction.