Fire Hydraulic Calculation Assignment
Question 30 -3 Determine the size and shape of and the pressure and flow demand at the most remote sprinkler in the sprinkler system described as follows:
• Ordinary Hazard Group 1, wet-pipe sprinkler system
• Sprinklers are uniformly spaced at 10 x 12 spacing; 10-ft between branch lines, and 12- ft between sprinklers on the branch line
• A point of 0.15 over 1500-ft has been selected from the density/area curves
• The system uses quick response sprinklers (k-5.6)
•All of the criteria for using the quick response design area reduction have been met
•The building has a 20-ft ceiling height.
Question 30 -4 Calculate the system shown in the accompanying figure to determine the demand at the base of the riser, given the following information:
The building is 180-ft x 105-ft. This is a wet-pipe sprinkler system in a building with a flat, smooth, unobstructed roof.
• The sprinklers are quick response and have a k-factor of 8.0. The building is an open plan office building (Light Hazard) with no interior walls and sprinklers are on a 15-ft x 15-ft spacing. Each of the sprinklers near a wall are 7.5-ft from the wall.
• The branch lines and riser nipples are all 11 /2inch Schedule 40 steel.
• The riser nipples from the cross main to the branch line are 1-ft long.
• The cross main is 21/2 inch Schedule 10 steel. • The cross main is 55-ft from (and parallel to) the north wall.
• The riser is located 1-ft from the east wall.
• The riser is 21/2 inch Schedule 10 pipe with a swing check valve and a butterfly control valve