GS308 Faculty of Health, Community & Life Science Assignment
Order Code: 436421
Question Task Id: 0
- Subject Code :
Assessment of Comparative Analysis
Write a comparative analysis of the similarities and differences between two community agencies in the context of gender diversity. The purpose of this assignment is to explore and find out how two different community organisations promote and provide inclusive practice. Inclusive practice is a theme that has been developed over the duration of the course and you may choose how it is you choose to define' inclusive practice. Some possible avenues are; competing ideas of women advocated by first, second third-wave feminists; intersectionality and the recognition of race, class, gender multiple lines of oppression; debates concerning developed and developing and/ or third-world' women; theories of neoliberalism and globalization; human rights as women's rights and queer theory postcolonial feminism.
- Choose two community organisations (service providers in mental health, alcohol and other drugs, specialist family violence services, housing, employment support, youth services, etc.)
- Do your research and homework
- Access their website and look into any resources on gender
- Download annual reports
- Check out their social media platforms
- Search any media news
- Search sector news/updates/research findings/peak body
- If you are not able to find relevant information, then consider contacting them. Please be aware orgs may not be able to return your email/contact by the deadline. Have a set of questions ready before contacting them. Please don't ask basic questions you can easily locate from their websites/news/social media platforms
- Just further clarification: this assignment is on how community organisations promote and provide inclusive practice and how their ability to do so (or not do so) relates to theories of sex/gender, feminism, and identity discussed over the duration of the course.