LWZ 304 Administrative Law
Order Code: 430975
Question Task Id: 0
- Subject Code :
- Country :
This assignment requires you to undertake an investigation of the circumstances around the two separate visa cancellation decisions under s.116 and s.133C and answer the following questions:
- What were the grounds that the delegate of the Minister for Home Affairs relied on on making the s.116 decision?
- What were the arguments advanced by Mr. Djokovic that led to the quashing (by the consent orders) of the s.116 decision?
- What were the grounds on which the Minister for Immigration, Citizenship, Migrant Services, and Multicultural Affairs exercised his power of cancellation under s.133C?
- What was the basis for the Full Federal Court's decision to deny Mr. Djokovic's application for judicial review of the s.133C decision?
- Explain why the grounds available for review of the s.116 decision were broader than the grounds for review of the s.133C decision (This will require you to consider the effect of privative clauses).