PHIL/PHIX 1031 Philosophy of Human Nature Essay
Order Code: 443316
Question Task Id: 0
- Subject Code :
- Country :
Write your essay on ONE of the following questions:
- If Determinism is true, can humans still be free in whatever sense is required for us to be responsible for our actions? Explain and evaluate Compatibilist and Incompatibilistresponses to this question.
- Using Sartre's claim that existence precedes essence gives an existentialist account of human nature. What does this position imply regarding human freedom and responsibility? Do you agree with Sartre's account of freedom? Give examples and reasons supporting your response.
- Outline and critically assess the main aspects of Heidegger's approach to human nature or existence in the world. Do you agree with this account of what it means to be human and what gives our lives meaning? Give examples and reasons to support your response.
- Art and literature can be used to explore philosophical questions. Do you agree with or disagree with this statement? Does art tell us about human nature? If so, then what does it tell us in particular? The use of examples to support your view is strongly encouraged.
- There is something special about human nature in comparison to other animals. Do you agree with this statement? Provide an argument either attacking or supporting this proposition using reasons and evidence.
- Is human nature changed by modern technology? Present an argumentative position on this question and consider counterevidence. How do the findings and theories of modern biology influence the debate about human nature? Discuss an aspect of the debate and present an argument for a position.