Select early childhood education policy from their website and analyize the problem then reflect on how it can be applied to work place
Task 1 b. Critical Analysis (800 words, 20%)
- Policies guide many aspects of day-to-day work in early childhood. Where do policies come from?
- Who writes them?
- What is the purpose of policy?
Access the websites below to engage with a range of international non-government organisations (NGOs,that have policies and significant influence around early childhood education.
WORLD BANK: https://www.worldbank.org/en/topic/earlychildhooddevelopment
UNITED NATIONS: https://www.unicef.org/early-childhood-development
Select one policy and use your research skills to critically analyse this policy document and context through reflection on and synthesizing of information. Think about: What are the areas of focus and why What activities is the NGO engaging in? Why?
Your policy summary must include the following elements:
1. Brief introduction to the NGOs policy and policy context (if they have many different things going on,choose one to focus on that is most relevant).
2. Brief summary of the proposed policy ‘problem’ (or opportunity) and policy solution, and a brief critique of the benefits and risks.
3. Identify one useful element of the policy that you think could be actioned in your practice, by making connections to concepts and theories to justify and support your thinking.
You should use literature to support your discussion at all times.