SITXHRM001 Coach Others in Job Skills Assignment
- Subject Code :
- Country :
Question 1 Identify three communication techniques that are effective in a workplace coaching context. Describe how each technique can assist you to be a good coach.
Question 2 Explain why feedback from colleagues about a potential coachee’s performance or work skills is important when deciding whether coaching is required.
Question 3 Explain why your own direct observation and own workplace experience can assist in determining whether coaching is required.
Question 4 Explain the ways in which a potential coachee may identify that they have a need for coaching.
Question 5Describe what is involved regarding the key principles of training listed below.
- Listening to trainee explanation,
- Observing and evaluating trainee demonstration
- Providing feedback
Question 6Explain how each of the following can cause barriers or difficulties with coaching. What could you do to address these?
- Breakdown in Communication,
- Inappropriate circumstances for coaching
- insufficient opportunity to practice,
- Language or cultural barriers,
- Shyness or lack of confidence