BLDG1008 Case Study Report On Construction Work Safety
Order Code: 444246
Question Task Id: 0
- Subject Code :
- University :
Western Sydney University Exam Question Bank is not sponsored or endorsed by this college or university.
- Country :
Overview Of Assessment Task
The assessment items in this unit are designed to enable you to demonstrate that you have achieved the unit learning outcomes. The main objective of the major assignment is to conduct a case study on a construction site safety issue and write a report to analyse the problems identified in the case or propose strategies/recommendations to improve the overall safety performance.
This is an individual assignment. Students are required to conduct a case study on a significant workplace safety issue (e.g., work-related injuries or fatalities; incidents or near misses; implementation of the innovative approach to improving safety; etc.). The specific tasks include:
Case selection and description
You are required to:
- Identify a suitable case in the context of workplace safety for analysis.
You may consider finding a case from the following sources:
- Your own life/work experience;
- Others life/work experience;
- Incidents records of workplace;
- Interviews with employers or injured workers;
- Internet; or
- Other sources.
- Describe the case in detail. The requirements for the case description include:
- Suggested length: 500 words
- Do not include the particulars (e.g., name and address) of involved parties (e.g., injured worker, company and project) unless you derived the case from public sources (e.g., newspaper, Internet, books, etc).
- Provide as many details as possible.
Please consult your tutor if you are not sure whether the case is suitable or not.
Once the case is confirmed, you are required to conduct research on the main issue(s) raised in the case. The following 12 topics are suggested areas of analysis. Please consult your tutor if you wish to conduct research analysis on topics beyond the suggested areas outlined below.
- Root causes of accidents
- Costs of accidents (e.g., costs to employers, society, or injured worker)
- Safety investments (e.g., costs of accident prevention activities)
- Designing for safety (eliminate safety risks from designing stage)
- Responsibilities of stakeholders
- Barriers to effective safety systems/plans
- Promoting safety culture/climate
- Developing safety leadership (for supervisors, project managers, or top managers)
- Assessing the risks (hazards identification, risk management)
- Strategies for accident prevention
- Safety training (competency, needs, contents, delivery, transfer, evaluation, etc)
- Workers' involvement in safety initiatives
You will need to select one or more topics from the above list (or work out your own topic(s) if approved by your tutor) and conduct a research analysis based on your case.