Real estate -Ethical Marketing Project
Order Code: 483795
Question Task Id: 0
- University :
Australian Institute Of Higher Education Exam Question Bank is not sponsored or endorsed by this college or university.
- Country :
You need to access a published real estate industry prosecution where consumer protection requirements were breached and prepare a written report that includes:
- The name of the case and the jurisdiction in which the prosecution was heard
- A description of the unethical practice
- An explanation of how the unethical practice affected the right for consumers to be protected
- Examine Schedules 1 & 2 of the Property and Stock Agents Regulation 2022 and list the clauses that relate to the prosecution that you have selected, and explain why each has been breached.
Following are a list of cases that you may choose. If you wish to use an alternate prosecution, this is acceptable as part of this assessment task – you simply need to ensure that the case has been published and can be located and read by the Assessor.
Choose one of the following cases, or one of your own choice:
- Maher v Department of Fair Trading  NSWCATOD 21
- EBP v Commissioner for Fair Trading, Department of Finance, Services and Innovation  NSWCATOD 157 (11 October 2019)
- Saul v Department of Fair Trading  NSWCATAD 161 (14 August 2019)
- Gambino v Commissioner for NSW Fair Trading  NSWCATOD 135
You will need to access the internet to complete this project. Access two of the pieces of legislation from the list below:
• Property and Stock Agents Act 2002
• Residential Tenancies Act 2010
• Anti-Discrimination Act 1977
• Privacy Act 1988
• Retail Leases Act 1994
Now you have identified and located two (2) of these pieces of legislation, provide
responses to the following points:
• Full title of the legislation
• The purpose of the legislation
• Key components of the legislation
• Two breaches specified within the legislation
• Identify the currency of the legislation and how you determined this (HINT:
Look at the first page of the legislation and check the date).
Prepare some ethical personal marketing materials that highlight your skills. This
needs to be completed to a standard that could be forwarded to the printer
for marketing. You can embellish the information about yourself to present yourself
as an experienced agent.
You need to prepare three different marketing and communication profiles:
1. a one page brochure for inclusion into your listing presentation kit – this needs to give a detailed story about who you are, your background and why a property
owner should utilise your services. Include a photo of yourself.2. a DL sized flier to showcase your agency and attract business – this needs to include a “call to action”
3. an advertisement for the internet for a specific property that is designed specifically to attract possible buyers/tenants. You may choose any property and can prepare the advertisement for either a sale property or a property for lease In your preparation of this brochure, have a look at your local papers, website for local agencies and letterbox drops from local agencies and see how they market their individual agents. This may assist you in seeing what you like and dislike and what you think will work for you.