Construction Management :Report Writing and Presentation
Introduction- Word guide- 250 words
The Assignment Guide should be used in conjunction with the Assignment Brief as its purpose is to provide guidance as to how best to respond to the requirements of the assignment brief. It also gives an indication of what the marker will be looking for in the piece of work.
Include a brief overview of the report. Also include one or two quotes which defines the purpose of reflection:
Some good ways to start introduction are:
The aim of this report is to reflect on the learning and development process…
Reflection is an important process; this report will provide a clear….
The intention of this report is to present….
Reflection on the Learning and Development- Word Guide 400words
Discuss the learning and development process. Using a reflective cycle such as Gibb's Reflective Cycle or Kolb's Experiential Learning Cycle (or any other).
Please cite/reference the reflective cycle which you use.
This is to include what you have learnt from the module and why the learning may be important.
Example of Reflective Points:
- What you have learnt from the module - this should be personal to you and not a list of all the topics covered in the module.
- Whythe learning may be important – what can you achieve with the new knowledge? – this section need to highlight how what you have studied within the module will help you achieve your overall aim of coming to university or improving your career prospects
Continuous Improvement - Word guide- 350 words
- How is the learning going to be of use to you in your future studies and development plans? - how is studying construction management going to help you further your career?
- Highlight plans for continuous improvement and the impact this will have on your career development
Please don’t forget to use quotes relating to the importance of continuous improvement.
Reflection of Presentation - Word guide- 350 words
- Include a reflection upon completion of the performing the presentation
- Discuss your feelings about presenting information to peers, the barriers you experienced and how you overcome these
- What would you do differently next time you present information?
- How can you develop you public speaking skills and how will this help you in your future career?
Personal Development Plan- Word guide 400 words
“Create a personal development plan that focuses on the academic skills from within the module that you want to further develop and improve.”
- Keep the information in each box within the table brief to ensure your work stays within the allotted word count.
- The ‘Academic Skill’ column needs to only name the skill e.g. ‘note taking’ or ‘Harvard referencing’
- You need to include at least three different academic skills in the plan.