Critically examine trends and challenges in sustainable health care
ASSESSMENT ITEM 3: DESCRIPTION This assessment requires you to discuss the essential capabilities of practice readiness and to critical analyse strategies that foster practice readiness in preparation for transition to the professional role There is an expectation that when new graduate nurses enter the health care workforce they are “practice ready”, that is: ready to manage the role and responsibilities of a registered nurse in a complex and dynamic healthcare environment (Harrison et al., 2020a).
You will need to address the following in your essay:
1. Provide an overview of practice readiness that explains what practice readiness is, how practice readiness develops and the importance of being practice ready for contemporary healthcare environments.
2. Discuss the essential capabilities associated with two (2) domains of readiness (personal, professional, Industry or Clinical readiness) and the relevance of these capabilities to being ‘practice ready’ for the role and responsibilities of a registered nurse.
Select one (1) of these domains and critically analyse two evidence-based strategies that could be employed to help foster the development of the capabilities within that domain. When researching and writing your essay, utilise these consideration points:
• Credible, relevant sources of literature must be used to support your essay content.
• Literature sources must be reference as per APA 7th ed. (2019). JCU library http://libguides.jcu.edu.au/apa
• Word count is 2000 words: Word count must be adhered to otherwise penalties will be applied as described in the assessment description table.