ITECH7410 Software Engineering Methodologies Annotated Bibliography Assessment
Conduct a search of academic literature relating to the topic of Software Engineering Methodologies (including development life cycle models and tasks) that are applicable to the design of Internet of Things (IoT) systems. The problem selected must adhere to the requirements outlined in this document and should be related and applied to the construction of a smart campus.
Compile an annotated bibliography based on 5 peer reviewed articles that are no more than 5 years old. This should be presented with an introduction, a concise summary of relevant information from each article and a conclusion. The reader should understand the problem and how these articles provide information that is relevant toward defining a software engineering approach to solving that problem. The reference style to be adopted is APA 7th edition. The format of the report submitted must adhere to the structure outlined in the marking rubric.
This is an individual assignment and students must submit it to Turnitin prior to submission. Topic selection considerations
The topic area is very general. This is to enable students to define their specific area of research, based on their individual interests and career objectives. Each student is expected to source articles individually that are specific to a particular topic within Software Engineering methodologies that could apply to a specific development in the context of a smart campus development.
In the introduction, describe a particular specific development scenario that could feasibly form part of a larger development project building a smart campus. The problem scenario should be quite specific. It is expected that each student will describe a unique problem and will independently source articles relevant to that problem. It is important that each student has a different topic focus and sources different articles. These articles and others found during semester can be used to assist with the final seminar at the end of semester. The final seminar will be presented in groups of 4. Each group of 4 will discuss the Software Engineering methodologies that could be applied in the development of a smart campus.
Example topics could be based on (but not limited to) the following broad scenarios:
- developa smart residence for student accommodation;
- create a smart room security, access and monitoring system that maintains accurate recordkeeping of attendance and security aligned with timetable, using student user id cards and smart sensors controlling lighting;
- developa smart safety and security system on campus using sensors and cameras;
- develop virtual avatars using software agents associated with rooms and information points toprovide information to students;
- developa smart student administration system;
- developa smart exam hall with ability to identify students and monitor students during exams;
- developa smart calendar system that will remind students of classes to attend and deadlines
e.g. fee payments, library books and when assessments are due for submission and based on due dates for assessments, prompt students to start working on their assessments;
- developa smart infrastructure and energy efficient system including smart bins that notify when they are