Prepare a business report on micro environment of a chosen business
Businesses in the modern marketplace cannot afford to ignore the environments in which they operate. To navigate this vast and ever-changing landscape, businesses must keep a keen eye on micro environmental factors that influence them. By completing this assessment, you will demonstrate the importance of understanding and assessing the micro environment of business.
- Choose a newspaper article about an Australian or international business still in operation published within last thirteen weeks from the submission date of this assessment from the listed sources below (choosing a newspaper article older than the specified period and/or from a source apart from the following will result in an automatic fail for this assessment).
- ABC News
- Al Jazeera News BBC News Bloomberg
- Business Insider Australia Business Insider US
- CNBC News Financial Times Forbes
- Harvard Business Review SBS News
- Sydney Morning Herald SkyNews Business News The Australian
- The Australian Financial Review The Economist
- The Guardian The Independent
- Wall Street Journal
- Write a business report identifying and analysing one micro environmental factor (customers, competitors, suppliers, intermediaries or public opinion) of the business from the chosen newspaper article incorporating the following:
- Identify and analyse one micro environmental factor that influences the chosen business specifically. The analysis must include how the micro environmental factor has impacted the chosen business (e.g. what change(s) has it brought to the business, how has it affected the business). It must be supported by data, facts, figures and/or any other evidences. These changes may be in terms of but not limited to sales/revenues, costs, profitability, number of customers, reputation, growth, market share, business structure, policies, or impacting the business in any other
- Through your research on the business, identify one potential challenge or opportunity that may arise from any of the micro environmental factors and make two recommendations about a suitable course of action for the The challenge or opportunity may not necessarily be from the same chosen newspaper article.
It is essential that you use appropriate APA style for citing and referencing research. Please see more information on referencing in the Academic Skills webpage. There should be at least five reliable references used in the report.
All students are responsible for ensuring that all work submitted is their own and is appropriately referenced and academically written according to the Academic Writing Guide. Students also need to have read and be aware of Torrens University Australia Academic Integrity Policy and Procedure and subsequent penalties for academic misconduct. These are viewable online.
Students also must keep a copy of all submitted material and any assessment drafts.
To apply for special consideration for a modification to an assessment or exam due to unexpected or extenuating circumstances, please consult the Assessment Policy for Higher Education Coursework and ELICOS and, if applicable to your circumstance, submit a completed Application for Assessment Special Consideration Form to your Learning Facilitator.