Prepare a presentation highlighting your experience explore and analyse an organisation’s work-place culture.
The Assessment Task
Students will create an individual video presentation that will explore and analyse an organisation’s work-place culture. The organisation can be in Australia or elsewhere but must be currently in existence. The analysis is to be undertaken having regard to the Model of Organisational Culture identified by Edgar Schein.
About the Video Presentation Format
The presentation format for this assessment has restrictions:
- No more than 12-15 slides;
- No more than 7 minutes presentation duration in total;
- Students will be required to show themselves and be a visual part of the presentation.
In recent weeks students have explored a range of theories and practical examples regarding leadership, people, and organisational culture. For this video presentation, students will apply Schein’s Model of Organisational Culture to explore and analyse a contemporary organisation (of their own choice, currently in existence and MUST be drawn from the list of industries provided).
The video should include an analysis of the following:
- Summarise the current situation of the organisation in relation to its workplace culture using Schein’s Model to help guide your thinking.
- Apply theories or concepts studied to support your analysis of the three organisational levels of culture you discussed.
- Consider the current external environment to summarise what aspects of the organisation’s culture are most exposed to external environment uncertainty?
List of industries to explore for the choice of organisation.
Students may choose an organisation only from one of the industries shown in the following list. Students may not choose any other industry for this assessment.
- Charity/Not for Profit