Present a clearly stated and coherent summary of the tutor guidance issue, and what this research can offer future educators
This assessment task asks you to research a topic (identified with tutor guidance) to extend your knowledge and understanding of how to operate effectively and responsibly within social media and digital spaces as an educator.
You are required to present a clearly stated and coherent summary of the issue, and what this research can offer future educators.
1. Identify a topic for educators related to digital contexts in consultation with your tutor.
* You may consider one of the following contexts. Examples include (but are not exclusive to):
* The use of technology in early childhood learning centres
* Future employers accessing old social media posts of potential employees
«Media literacy and misinformation in digital spaces
«Educators using social media for teaching and learning
2. Research the issue (guidance will be provided in lectures, tutorials and on the LMS):
« Identify two peer-reviewed and/or scholarly (clarification covered in lectures) journal articles (no more than 7 years old ie. 2016-2023) that address your issue
Reference each article correctly, using APA 7
Summarise the research from both articles
Demonstrate your critical reflection on the research and it's usefulness for your topic
Evaluate the research methodology used by the author/s (e.g., qualitative or quantitative, sample
size, participants, location of study). We will discuss how to do this in class.
3. Write a 1250 word Research Analysis using the subheadings below:
* Introduction (this brief section will provide an overview of what your analysis will discuss,identifying your chosen topic and why it is important)
Article 1- Summary: this section will summarise the key findings from your first chosen article.Within this section you should identify the central relevant findings, arguments or key points of discussion in the article. We will discuss this more in class.
Article 2 - Summary: this section will summarise the key findings from your second chosen article.
* Discussion: this section will be your critical reflection that brings together what both articles tell you about your chosen topic, do they agree? Or are there different perspectives? Perhaps they