Assessment of Clinical Case Study
Order Code: 437680
Question Task Id: 0
- Subject Code :
- Country :
- Apply the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Board [ANMB] Standards of Practice for a Registered Nurse when caring for individuals and their families, with Cardiovascular, Respiratory, and Endocrine disorders
- Describe the impact of hospitalisation on individuals and their families.
- Provide person-centered care, using the Clinical Reasoning Cycle to individuals experiencing Cardiovascular, Respiratory, and Endocrine disorders.
The purpose of this assessment task is to assess the student nurses' ability to think critically and apply the clinical reasoning cycle to plan patient care.
As a Registered Nurse, you will be required to make judgments and prioritise your patient's care multiple times per shift. This assessment task is designed to develop the sophisticated thinking abilities that are essential to prioritising, planning, and providing safe and effective patient-centered, nursing care.
Nursing Problem Statements
In this Clinical Case Study, you have been allocated, depending on your cohort, one (1) of the nursing problems provided below. You are to discuss its relevance, then plan and evaluate patient-centered, nursing care. The nursing problems all relate to Darren Roberts' care in the first 4 hours following his discharge from PARU and his return to the ward following his surgery.
- Potential for respiratory depression related to anesthesia and opioid medications would be evidenced by respiratory rate <10Rpm>
- Potential for pain related to surgical incision as evidenced by grimacing and a subjective pain score of >3/10 using the Numeric Pain Rating Scale.
- Discuss the importance of the Nursing Problem you have been allocated and why it is a particular risk for Darren in the first 4 hours of his return to the surgical ward.
- Use Darren's data and documentation from the Enquiry to inform this discussion; this does not require APA7 referencing.
- Use evidenced-based nursing literature to support your discussion; this does require APA7 referencing. Approximately 500 words
- Write one patient-centered SMART Goal for Darren's Nursing Problem that you have selected. Approximately 1 to 2 sentences
- Provide three (3) relevant Nursing Interventions designed to achieve the selected SMART Goal.
- Discuss each intervention separately and include evidenced-based rationales for the intervention; this does require APA7 referencing. Approximately 600 words (200 for each intervention)
- Discuss the evidenced-based assessments you would use to evaluate the effectiveness of implemented nursing interventions; this does require APA7 referencing. Approximately 400 words