First Peoples Culture, History and Healthcare Assessment
Write a reflective journal of 500 words on how your opinions and views of social, historical and cultural aspects of healthcare may have been challenged so far in the trimester in relation to your learnings about the health of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Task 1: Reflect on the Key Concepts
- Reflect on what you have learnt during the first 3-4 week of this subject that is new to you about the health of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- Identify up to eight (8) key concepts of cultural diversity and awareness you have
- Using the Decision Wheel, rate each key concept from 1 – 10 (1 being low and 10 being high) to indicate how much (you feel) you now understand each concept.
- For instructions on how to use the decision wheel, please read the attached FPH201_Assessment
1_How to use the Decision Wheel.pdf
- You may change key concepts and ratings in the wheel as many times as you wish before downloading and saving a final version to submit with your reflective
- Comment on why you choose this order/ ranking of the key concepts in the comment box provided below the
- Once you have completed the wheel, download and save it. You need to add the Wheel as an appendix to the reflective
Task 2: Write a Reflective Journal
- Write a 500 word (+/- 10%) reflective journal explaining how your opinions and views of social, historical and cultural aspects of healthcare have changed in relation to your learnings about the health of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- Reflect upon and analyse your own cultural beliefs, attitudes and values and the influence these may have on health care with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians.
• For more information, please refer to the attached FPH201_Assessment 1_Cultural Beliefs, Attitudes and Values.pdf. Attached
- You are required to draw specifically from your Decision Wheel outcome
The content of the journal entry is confidential and will only be read by your Learning Facilitator. This is intended to solicit honest expressions of genuine thoughts and feelings.
It is essential that you use appropriate APA style for citing and referencing research And APA style.