MGT201A Project Management Case Analysis
- University :
- Country :
The purpose of this assessment is to further analyse the project you selected in Assessment 1 to expand and demonstrate your knowledge, understanding and application of project management methodologies from the modules to your selected project.
NOTE: students must use the same project in Assessment 2 as they did in Assessment 1. Failure to do so will result in automatic failure of this assessment.
Please refer to the Task Instructions for details on how to complete this task.
In Assessment 1 you started to think like a project manager. In Assessment 2 you will further research the project you looked at in Assessment 1 and address the four (4) key questions listed below under the Task Instructions.
Based on the information provided for the project, and from your understanding of the theories from the modules, you are required to address the following key areas:
- Is the project demonstrating Scope Creep? Justify your
- Based on the current stage of the project, discuss, and justify which Knowledge Areas from PMBoK apply to the project.
- For the project, create a risk matrix for the key risks and their
- Discuss and justify the particular personal competencies that are important for the project’s Project Manager to possess in order to be most effective in their
The assignment takes the form of a report with the following recommended format:
- Cover page including student name and number
- Executive Summary
- Discussion addressing the key four (4) questions listed above
- References – MINIMUM 3 PROJECT MANAGEMENT REFERENCES
Please use tables and exhibits from the course materials to support your assessment. The 1250-word count applies only to the body (Introduction, Discussion and Conclusion). Referencing
It is essential that you use appropriate APA style for citing and referencing research. Please
see more information on referencing here in the Academic Writing Guide found via the Academic Skills website.
Submit your Individual Case Analysis, by clicking on the Assessment link, in the main navigation menu in MGT201A Project Management. The learning facilitator will provide feedback via the Grade Centre in the LMS portal. Feedback can be viewed in My Grades.
All students are responsible for ensuring that all work submitted is their own and is appropriately referenced and academically written according the Academic Writing Guide. Students also need to have read and be aware of Torrens University Australia Academic Integrity Policy and Procedure and subsequent penalties for academic misconduct. These are viewable online.
Students also must keep a copy of all submitted material and any assessment drafts.