Engagement in Professional Nursing Assessment
- Subject Code :
- Country :
This assignment is divided into three parts:
- Reflect on how organizational structure and culture can affect the safety of person-centered care delivery. (SILO 3)
- Reflect on the skills related to health information systems. (SILO5)
- Develop awareness of the transition from students to registered nurses through critical self-(SILO 6)
You will be required to reflect upon your own clinical experience to date and to search for evidence from the literature to address questions regarding contemporary professional practice. This reflection follows the underlying principles of Gibbs' reflective cycle (1988) on description, analysis and action. You do not need to explain or follow the specific questions of Gibb's cycle in your work.
As this is reflective writing, it is appropriate to use a first-person writing style. However, you should support your opinion and arguments with current (unless it is seminal work) and peer-reviewed evidence from the literature, especially in the analysis section. Please submit your completed assessments through the Turnitin portal in Word format.
Instruction: No introduction or conclusion is needed for this report.
SILO 3 Organizational structure and culture
Rationale: As a graduate nurse, you may not always feel comfortable speaking up when there is a safety concern. It is important to reflect on systemic and personal factors that promote safety culture.
SILO 5 Health Informatics
Rationale: The integration of informatics skills into nursing practice is fundamental for nurses at all levels and specialties in the contemporary health care system. It is important for graduate nurses to be skilled, capable, and ethical users of technology, in order to deliver safe and effective care.
Using the EMR system was very easy to use. Before going on placement the hospital had orientation online modules for us to complete using EMR. Doing those modules online was very helpful beforehand because we got to know where everything was stored, how to document notes how to access results.
SILO 6 Transition to practice
Rationale: Working as a nurse comes with various challenges. Challenges can come from internal and external elements. While challenges are not necessarily negative, it is important for you to develop professional resilience to be able to have a sustainable and fulfilling nursing career.
- Describe a time in your clinical placement as a student nurse where there was a safety concern. How was this dealt with? Were you or other nurses able to speak up for safety?
- Analyze what kind of organizational culture makes it possible for you to speak up.
- Introduce any system that exists in a workplace that makes it possible for you to speak up. g. Melbourne Health's Safety Culture Program, Mildura Based Hospital's Speaking up for safety (can be found in the assessment resources folder).
- What role do you have as a graduate nurse in speaking up to promote a safe culture? (action)
- Describe your experience of using or observing the use of health information systems in your clinical placement (e.g. patient browser, patient flow system, Electronic Medical Record [EMR], or other clinical documentation or storage system).
- Analyze one enabler or barrier from your clinical experience that influences the effective use of health informatics systems in the nursing environment. Use literature to support your discussion.
- o What role do you have as a graduate nurse in the ethical use of health information systems? (action)
- Analyze one or two challenges reported in the literature that graduate nurses face in their transition into the professional workplace.
- Identify two self-care strategies that you will employ to maintain your mental and physical well-being in your new role as a registered nurse. (action)
This Medical Science Assignment has been solved by our Medical Science Expert at Exam Question Bank. Our Assignment Writing Experts are efficient to provide a fresh solution to this question. We are serving more than 10000+ Students in Australia, UK & US by helping them to score HD in their academics. Our Experts are well trained to follow all marking rubrics & referencing Styles. Be it a used or new solution, the quality of the work submitted by our assignment experts remains unhampered. You may continue to expect the same or even better quality with the used and new assignment solution files respectively. There’s one thing to be noticed you could choose one between the two and acquire an HD either way. You could choose a new assignment solution file to get yourself an exclusive, plagiarism (with free Turn tin file), expert quality assignment or order an old solution file that was considered worthy of the highest distinction.