For this assignment you are provided with a template to complete and submit.
The aim of assignment is for you to articulate the process for your systematic literature review and develop a search strategy. In reality, conducting a systematic literature review can take months but you only have 12 weeks. Many journals are requesting documented evidence of systematic searching strategies for their published articles so developing these skills is an important part of your professional development within your Master’s degree
This assignment is in 3 parts:
- Part (a) Systematic Search Strategy Protocol (15%)
- Part (b) Screen shot of your ENDNOTE Library detailing the databases used. (5% Marks)
- Part (c) Reflection on the process (10%, 800 words)
Part (a): Systematic Search Strategy Protocol (15%)
For Part (a) of this assignment you are required to complete search strategy protocol. A template and exemplar with suggested tables and structure are provided on Canvas.
Ensure you follow all stages in the template
- Complete your Logic Grid detailing your search terms as per the template.
- Develop your search strategy protocol in the template provided (see example)
- Ensure you have identified your inclusion / exclusion criteria and the limiters you applied to your search.
- You must include at least 2 databases plus either a search of the JBI or Cochrane databases.
- Provide evidence of grey literature searched
- Ensure you have documented the search strategy of one of the databases you have searched, as per your template.
Run your preliminary search
- The final part of the assignment involves running a preliminary run of your search terms. For you to successfully complete assignments 3 & 4, you will need to retrieve approximately 10 - 15 relevant articles.
- If you are getting too many results or insufficient articles in relation to your question you may need to adapt your search strategy.
- If you have retrieved too few articles, you will need to widen your search. If you have retrieved too many articles (ie in 100s), you may need to re-define your question and/or your inclusion/exclusion criteria.
- Start filling in your Preferred Reporting Items for Systematic Reviews and Meta- Analyses (PRISMA) Flowchart to keep a record of your search strategy. NB: This will be submitted in Assignment 3. (PRISMA flowchart templates available on Canvas.
- If you do need to refine your review question, you will need to include the new search terms and repeat the search.
Part (b): Attach a Screen shot of your ENDNOTE Library detailing the databases used. (5%)
Part (c): Reflection on undertaking the process (10%, 800 words)
Using a reflection model of your choosing reflect on the process of developing your search strategy protocol. Please include a Reference List, which must include at a minimum reference to reflection model you use and references to the search strategy protocol discussed.